If you have blackheads and you have access to the internet, you have probably caught wind of the “black mask” that is supposed to be the Asian miracle worker in removing those unsightly tenants.
You may have also seen two drastically different reviews on it. Some say “it’s amazing” others say “this didn’t do shit”.
I decided to jump on the band wagon and ordered a random version of the mask on Amazon for a surprising $7! This Pilaten black mask originates in Hong Kong and is said to clear pores, firm skin, and clear blemishes.
It has literally taken me MONTHS to figure out how to get this thing to work. The sad excuse of American directions are almost useless.
Now I have finally figured out how it best works for me… and probably you too.
Here’s how to do it with this specific mask:
- Take a hot ass shower (wash/exfoliate your face) and when you are about to get out, run your face under the water for a few seconds.
- Seriously RUN out of the shower (try not to fall).
- Pat your face dry, don’t over do it.
- Rub a small amount of the mask into wanted area… like really get in there.
- Let that dry for a few seconds, then lightly apply a thicker layer on top for easier removal and optimum collection.
- Keep it on until it is COMPLETELY dry… then leave it on even longer.
- Try your best to lift up the entire bottom line of the mask so you can peel it off in one motion (pull off from the bottom lifting up).
- Voilà! You realize how disgusting you truly are.
The pictures you are about to see are from when I finally figured out how to work this damn thing. Please note that my blackheads have actually been clearing up lately, so for it to still look like this is so gross… and so satisfying.
*Apply to nose, chin, and forehead. If applying to the entire face, be prepared for your eyes to water, it will rip out your tiny face hair but it will ultimately make your face super smooth. Also removes hella dry skin. Use a warm wash cloth to remove excess product. Make sure to tone after to tighten pores.